Chelsea Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Godfather Obie Has Left the building
Slow defenders vs fast attackers EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 3:31 pm by Hobdal

» Match Day Results
Slow defenders vs fast attackers EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 5:08 pm by Lipu

» Team Application
Slow defenders vs fast attackers EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 10:53 am by Godfather Obie

» Little big Planet Delayed
Slow defenders vs fast attackers EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 11:04 am by Godfather Obie

» Middlesborough v Chelsea
Slow defenders vs fast attackers EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 11:01 am by Godfather Obie

» Saints Row 2
Slow defenders vs fast attackers EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 12:20 pm by Godfather Obie

» IMPORTANT, NEW TACTIC
Slow defenders vs fast attackers EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 11:30 am by MMT

» Socom Confrontation
Slow defenders vs fast attackers EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 8:53 am by Hobdal

» FW 2.50 available now
Slow defenders vs fast attackers EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 3:28 pm by adwan

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Statistics
We have 33 registered users
The newest registered user is edonapelhi

Our users have posted a total of 378 messages in 67 subjects

Slow defenders vs fast attackers

2 posters

Go down

Slow defenders vs fast attackers Empty Slow defenders vs fast attackers

Post  Peromano Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:09 pm

I find it difficult to stop fast attackers like Torres and Villa when they get a breakthrough pass between the full back and the CB or above them. The strikers can run past them and get a 1v1 against the goalie. How is the best way to defend against it? Any ideas?

I know it's important to keep the four defenders on a straight line for as long as possible. I think it's smart to slowly run backwards when they're counter attacking instead of meeting them.

When talking about defense there are some players who's nazi on the circle button. Desperately pressing circle seldom works well. The only way it works is if you control the defender and you're ready for passes (with L2) and the midfielder is meeting the opposite player. One to snatch up passes, one to meet.
Peromano
Peromano

Back to top Go down

Slow defenders vs fast attackers Empty Re: Slow defenders vs fast attackers

Post  MMT Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:19 pm

Well to be honest, I don't usually play be a pro defenders, but when i play online with a friend of mine on my team, we generally don't have the problem (once or twice though).
I think I play a deep defense sometimes that allows them to come at you, and then you steady yourself with L2 and tackle them straight away. The other tactic we have used is to be a very very pressing team, meaning the midfield are chasing the players, once a pass is made to someone, we run in front of it or slide in front of it to stop the supply.
I suppose its best to run backwards if you are sure they will try the ball over the top, like defenders do in real life. That or staying deep would probably work. It all depends on the situation, and how you read it really.
MMT
MMT

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum