Chelsea Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Godfather Obie Has Left the building
Godfather Obie Has Left the building EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 3:31 pm by Hobdal

» Match Day Results
Godfather Obie Has Left the building EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 5:08 pm by Lipu

» Team Application
Godfather Obie Has Left the building EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 10:53 am by Godfather Obie

» Little big Planet Delayed
Godfather Obie Has Left the building EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 11:04 am by Godfather Obie

» Middlesborough v Chelsea
Godfather Obie Has Left the building EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 11:01 am by Godfather Obie

» Saints Row 2
Godfather Obie Has Left the building EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 12:20 pm by Godfather Obie

» IMPORTANT, NEW TACTIC
Godfather Obie Has Left the building EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 11:30 am by MMT

» Socom Confrontation
Godfather Obie Has Left the building EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 8:53 am by Hobdal

» FW 2.50 available now
Godfather Obie Has Left the building EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 3:28 pm by adwan

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Statistics
We have 33 registered users
The newest registered user is edonapelhi

Our users have posted a total of 378 messages in 67 subjects

Godfather Obie Has Left the building

+4
Cuban_Kingz
MMT
Lipu
Godfather Obie
8 posters

Go down

Godfather Obie Has Left the building Empty Godfather Obie Has Left the building

Post  Godfather Obie Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:46 pm

After 204 matches, a Career high of 5th in the World, and a low of 105th (out of thousands of teams)
I have decided to call it a day.

I'm pleased to say that all Club dealings will be passed onto our co-managers,
Adwan
Chee3e
RobPritch
And you guys are free to do as you wish, If others wish to Carry on with the club I would recommend chekcign with these guys incase they dont have the same interest

It was fun while it Lasted, And I've made some Great friends along the way,
((those "Friends" will all remain on my list, and I'll hopefully see you all around on various games in the not so distant future.

Thanks again

Obie
Godfather Obie
Godfather Obie
Admin

https://chelseasquad.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Godfather Obie Has Left the building Empty Re: Godfather Obie Has Left the building

Post  Lipu Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:01 pm

Very surprised to read that you've quit after one bad night but it is your decision.

Just wanted to say thanks obie for creating the team, had great fun the last couple of weeks, definitely changed my sleeping pattern, looks like we'll be going to bed earlier now. lol

Lipu

Back to top Go down

Godfather Obie Has Left the building Empty Re: Godfather Obie Has Left the building

Post  Godfather Obie Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:16 pm

Lol,

Maybe, but just because I'm not gaffer doesn tmean yo wont be playing, If your new management need me, they know where ot find me, and while I'm done with management I'd be happy to help out on the pitch,

As for 1 bad night,
I agree, it was, But thats not the sole reason i left,
There are good and bad players, and sadly some of the bad ones, arent able to learn, which means big trouble as we've all witnessed one bad player can ruin a team

I'm not gonna keep kicking people, As I said to Adwan, i'd rather create a new club and be Very selective about who is allowed in (and giving all players GM /manager) access.

The wierd thing is, those that have been around a while, played alot, and learnt to play as a team have all become friends more than team-mates, you guys will remain on my friends list, and ya never know with a little persuasion we may create a new team

the other reason is.. Friday..
Midnight club, Dead space, & Far cry 2,
then Fallout 3 & little big planet next week.
I wont have time to spend 6-7 hours every evening playing and organising other people,
Godfather Obie
Godfather Obie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MMT Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:32 pm

Sad to hear mate, hopefully i'll not be deleted off your friends list that quickly lol!
Must kill your ass on far cry 2 aswell...
Ahem.
MMT
MMT

Back to top Go down

Post  Cuban_Kingz Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:30 pm

Sad that you are bailing out of YOUR OWN CLUB because of a few bad players. Hopefully I'm not one of those "bad players"..... LOL, I guess I'll find that out when I sign in to the PS Network and don't find your name in my Friends List!

Also, you created this club. If you think there are a few "bad players" who are an obstacle to the team's success then you need to be honest to those individuals. You gotta tell these people that they don't have a future in this club.

I don't think creating a new club is the solution. I think the solution is to change the way the club recruits other players. For example, every applicant should go through a trial before been accepted as a "Club Member". Actually, you should make a new Club Rule that states no one is "officially" a Club Member until they have passed a trial.

If you are gonna be too busy playing other games then just call off club games for a certain period and everyone will understand. I mean, it's not like the rest of us don't like playing other games as well.

Anyways, if you are just bored of this whole club thing then it's all good mate....but don't quit because of a few bad players. You gotta take control of your own club........show everyone who's the boss. lol
Cuban_Kingz
Cuban_Kingz

Back to top Go down

Post  Godfather Obie Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:26 am

cuban, you ar enot one of thos eplayers,

I hope I didnt delete you (if i did, send a a friend req)

My reasons for starting fresh would be, that the constant changes, and messing around caused us numerous defeats,
we starte doff losing 1 in 3 or 4 game s(enough for higher 1st division)

and at the end we had 60+ lost, and only 90+ wins

I'm gonna have a think today and i'll be messaging those who are good enough later Wink
Godfather Obie
Godfather Obie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  adwan Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:32 am

I know just where Obie is coming from. It's not just because of last night. There have been too many bad nights and not enough good ones, and unfortunately there a few guys who are extremely bad players and just don't seem to learn.

We have managed to slip from 5th in division 1 to 5th in division 3, and there has been very little progress in the way we play. There are some great team players, who understand how to pass and hold positions. When to defend and when to attack, and these guys, as Obie said, have pretty much become good friends and will know who they are.

One thing I have to say though, Obie, is that leaving the club you started maybe the wrong decision. Especially if, like you said to me last night, you are thinking of starting a new club, just for fun. Maybe the best thing to do would be to kick all those players who we feel are ruining the club and making it frustrating to play? Then just come in and play every know and again when a few of the guys are online and not playing any other games.

I will though be pwning it up online against you and MMT on Far Cry 2. We'll have to make up some maps and try them out. Should be fun!
adwan
adwan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cuban_Kingz Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:31 am

Well, whatever you do Obie I wish you good luck.

BTW, you are a natural leader mate Very Happy
Cuban_Kingz
Cuban_Kingz

Back to top Go down

Post  vv26vv Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:26 am

who knows, i may be one of "those" players

i know i just spoke my mind, i didnt demand anything, i just thought it would be more helpful to the club if i gave my 2 cents.

truefully i think his bow out was pretty childish. i always thought the team had a chance to be great but everything had to be all about Obie, "give him the ball" "i attack you pass" "just kick it to me"

all this club did was run with R2 and play air through balls ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there was no creative play, no respect to the game

and truefully all this club was for Obie personally fun to score goals and try being the best on the team by controling the team, and the moment it didnt go his way he grabbed his ball and went home

so i hope you have fun with your own ball sitting by urself or with a new group of ppl that wanna try to control, still with you being the center on attention and trying to be there fake lil leader.

I'm starting a club, A TRUE club made up by creative fun interactive football

DYNASTY FC

there was alot of great players on these team and you are all invited to come play for my new club.

i know one thing, im not going to grab my ball and go home, im reay to play football
vv26vv
vv26vv

http://www.myspace.com/vv26vv

Back to top Go down

Post  adwan Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:01 am

i know i just spoke my mind, i didnt demand anything, i just thought it would be more helpful to the club if i gave my 2 cents.

So you thought it was ok for you to attack one player because he didn't have a great game and I quote "mangolda is weak" is one of the things you said towards him. That was uncalled for, and that was the reason you were kicked from the club. No one deserves to be bullied and we have a zero tollerance on anyone who feels they can do this.

We had this situation before when another member decided it was ok to attack other players because they had bad games and the same thing happened to him, he was kicked.

As for Obie leaving the club, I hardly call is childish. Part of me agrees with him and part of me thinks he should stay on but get rid of those players causing problems etc, and just play whenever the mood takes him. If you read the posts you'd see that he was fed up of running the team and having to tell everyone what to do as no one seems to be able to organise themselves without Obie's help.

The best thing is, that you feel you can comment on everything even though you played for what, 2 nights?
adwan
adwan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Godfather Obie Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:20 am

Well VV26 was booted fromt he club days ago, But sadly not even he seems to have notice dyet,

as for myself, Ic reated this club, and we did just fine before selfish idiots started trying to run it there way,

the club wasnt run to prove I was the best played, I could point at EA's be a pro Rankings which Yes, I was the highest regular player on the team with only 1 non-regular player rated higher (MorbidSoul)

But as I expalined many times to "the good members" the balls to me are not for personal glory, I couldnt care less if I score or not,
But those who play the game and are good at it (and can learn at a better rate than a 12 year old retard) understand that the point is to get the ball up front, to create chances, as contrary to your belief, Build up play fromt he back might work great offline, But online it's a far quicker pace, and its all about getting th eball up front, before there defenders & midfielders can get back to defend,

As for the club

Watch this space
Godfather Obie
Godfather Obie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  vv26vv Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:16 am

i played 3 nites and you all played what 2 weeks...... i played for 25 games you guys played 140 games......

check posts i had the 4th most posted for 3 days worth of the league...

and the mangolda thing, the guy for a 2-3 games straight started the game and then didnt play then we keep having to play with one teammate everytime they got the ball just stood there til it got taken and it wasnt even like he was the lm he was an any person so it happened 10 times a game! then when we played he clearly passed less then everyone times 2.... i dont get to play 11 hours of video games a day i get a lucky 2 hrs per day and i logged onto our club for 2 hrs 3-4 days straight and played my role and when i have to deal with someone rude enough to ruin the quailty of play i will say something i didnt trash him i didnt degrade his mother, i told him what he was doing was weak......

then i got booted....

for " mangolda is weak"

sounds like another childish thing to me

plus do not say stuff like i learn like a 12 year old retard then say no one deserves to be trashed, all i said was his playing that day was weak because HE WASNT EVEN PLAYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
vv26vv
vv26vv

Back to top Go down

Post  adwan Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:35 am

Let's see, i'm not sure I see your point about how many games you played, or what reference it has but oh well.

Also, I do not have the luxury of playing playing video games for 11 hours a day either and I play for a few hours in the evening. Pretty much the same as the rest of the squad actually....

It wasn't just the comment that got you booted. It was the continuation of the arguement that ment you had to pack your bags. Like you were told that night, it is not your place to have a go at the club members, that is what the Manager and Co-managers are there for. Also you may have noticed that Obie had already said something to him about it, so there was absolutely no need for you to say anything towards him. it doesn't matter if you think what you said was ok, the point is he(mangolda) found it offensive and out of order, as did myself, RobPritch, Lipu and GodfatherObie.

I'm not denying that you were a good team player and you showed a good understanding of the game and played some good games, but i'm affraid that incident ruined it for you. You spoke up when it wasn't need and was out of line towards a fellow memeber.

Also, at what point did Obie address the 12 year old retard comment towards you personally. Please show me where it says your name in the same line as that comment, or anyones name for that matter. he makes no personal attack on anyone, and is just a general comment, so I hardly call it trashing you or anyone directly.
adwan
adwan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  vv26vv Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:32 am

continuing arguement i have to type with my controller all i typed was that him not playing was weak, that if he couldnt play then wait til next game, plus Obie only said something after i brought it up....

with the games and post i was pointing out that you have 30 members on here 20 plus online and i was already 4th or 5th active on here and if i wasnt booted by now i would have had the same amount of games played other then the main 5 ppl.

i wasnt rude i wasnt mean i said it was weak what he did, and it wasnt out of the blue. I made a statement about it that obie agreed with.... thats out of line?????

plus did i attach your name to playing 11 hrs, or did i say that ppl on this squad have 11 hours of playing everynight no i didnt so dont thhrow that on me.

it was blown well out of line, no one told me why i was booted.

its ok ill move on, but im not gonna walk out the door without defending myself

i did nothin wrong i was rude i wasnt out of line, the man wasnt playing and i said something that was clearly needed to be said.

maybe i could have said mangolda can you please please try to play the whole game when u start one just cuz it makes me a lil upset when you dont thank you and i would really enjoy that thanks,

mangolda is weak

because hes not playing or passing...

wow thats sooo rude!!!!
vv26vv
vv26vv

Back to top Go down

Post  vv26vv Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:33 am

plus dont said obie wasnt making a direct statement to me that said about moving the ball differently then just kicking up....

im not 12 i understand what he ment.
vv26vv
vv26vv

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurtcobaine Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:58 am

I am so so so sorry obie for what i have done you dont nohow much of an idiot i think i am i have wrecked ur club and i am sorry to u and all the guys im sorry Kurtcobaine

Sad
Kurtcobaine
Kurtcobaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Godfather Obie Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:58 am

Well firstly Kurt, It wasnt just you,
Many people joine d(and left) and many didnt understand the concept of the club we had.

Some may go to or have been at a club where they call the shots, But to try and keep things as we envisioned, it was important to keep things in a controlled manor and sadly that did mean kicking quite a few people over the last week or so,
mostly for non-participation, but there was a fair few for attitude, ignorance, innability to play as a team, and jut a pure lack in skill.,

Anyone is free to draw what conclusions you wish, But the club suffered for numerous reasons due to numerous people and I nor nobody else will blame any single person,
It was as much my own fault for not keeping a Stalin-Strict Regime, But in trying to allow freedom I am then the one that gets trashed when trying to add an element of control into the tactics we used.

but one thing that has never changed, is this.

If anyone does not like it, then fuck off,
Nobody is keeping anyone here or in any other club we/I may create in the future, and you are as free to leave and get on with your own life as I am free to kick a person from the club or ban them from this website.

It was fun, Fun that quickly turned into a hobby or a challenge to do our best,
There was no competition within the squad except that carried in by peoples attitudes,

And anyone who wished/wish's to dictate wher epeople play can do exactly as I have done and create a team of there own

Just dont go hating because we got 5th in Division 1 at our peak
Godfather Obie
Godfather Obie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hobdal Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:31 pm

Shame to see that it's folded, it was good fun while it lasted. I'm hoping that I wasn't one of "those" players, I tried my best in all positions that I played and while I know I'm far from being one of the best on the team, I'd like to think I played all right. I admit to getting a bit burned out with it in the last few days, and I think that showed as my participation dropped, but honestly it was great fun and a big thanks to Obie and the other lads for making it that way.

Oh and Obie, I noticed you mentioned getting Midnight Club: LA on Friday, same here. We'll have to meet up online and have a race Wink

Hobdal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum