Chelsea Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Godfather Obie Has Left the building
simple defending EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 3:31 pm by Hobdal

» Match Day Results
simple defending EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 5:08 pm by Lipu

» Team Application
simple defending EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 10:53 am by Godfather Obie

» Little big Planet Delayed
simple defending EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 11:04 am by Godfather Obie

» Middlesborough v Chelsea
simple defending EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 11:01 am by Godfather Obie

» Saints Row 2
simple defending EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 12:20 pm by Godfather Obie

» IMPORTANT, NEW TACTIC
simple defending EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 11:30 am by MMT

» Socom Confrontation
simple defending EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 8:53 am by Hobdal

» FW 2.50 available now
simple defending EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 3:28 pm by adwan

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Statistics
We have 33 registered users
The newest registered user is edonapelhi

Our users have posted a total of 378 messages in 67 subjects

simple defending

4 posters

Go down

simple defending Empty simple defending

Post  adwan Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:48 am

We lost out to this a few times last night.

When you pick up the ball/win it from an attacker in defence, DO NOT try and run it out of the box! DO NOT try and do fancy turns, this doesn't work as the defenders are not skillful enough players to do this, they do not have the stats. Quite simply, look for a pass and if that isn't an option then clear the ball up field or as a last resort put it out of play for a throw-in. This is far less damaging than conceeding a silly goal. Mad

When it comes to defending, simple is always best. I have played in defence as a kid and was tought this saying "If in doubt, put it out", and I think it applies here.

Thoughts?
adwan
adwan
Admin

Back to top Go down

simple defending Empty Re: simple defending

Post  MMT Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:32 am

Funnily enough this is happening right now as I type in a be a pro match im playing. Man u v Barca (predictably). Everyone is just running out of defence etc. Terrible tackles to hack people down and no-one playing simple. I'm hoping clubs plays with a bit more structure!
MMT
MMT

Back to top Go down

Post  Godfather Obie Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:35 am

Football is a simple game...

And from the 20+ years I've been watching, I've noticed that Strikers score the majority of Goals. (duh!)

And when a Midfielder scores, it's usually from a play that was originally by the Striker(s)

If a Defender Scores it's usually from a set-piece created by the Striker(s)

--

My Point is, whatever your position is, It's about getting the ball up quickly, so the midfielders can create an opportunity for the Striker.

If a Defender Runs the ball out, or pisses around, then the opposing team have got back and the age-old Counter attack strategy is pretty useless.
Godfather Obie
Godfather Obie
Admin

https://chelseasquad.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Lipu Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:53 am

hi everyone

first post here

Thought i'd make a comment on the defending as thats where i've played 90% of my matches lol.

To be honest, i didn't think defending would be so fun but it really is especially when theirs a clean sheet. The advice that is given is spot on, either pass the ball or hoof it upfield which i generally do but sometimes i have been caught in possesion.

I think a great idea for counter attacking would be when the opposition has a corner. We have either the LM or RM standing on the touchline of the halfway line, so as soon as the keeper or the defender has the ball, we can pass it to them as usually, there's lot of space.

Going back to defending, i think it's better to defend as deep as possible because of the lob through ball. Sometimes the defenders just stare into the skies and do nothing and the opposition just goes clean through.

No idea what happened last night, i froze and couldn't get back in, might try tonight at some point.

Lipu

Back to top Go down

Post  Lipu Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:48 am

I thought we defended well last night, 5 clean sheets out of 7 but obviously we don't know if any of these opponents were top notch or not but nevertheless we did really well.

I think one of the main reasons was because of the way the centre backs defended. We defended really deep, which basically made it impossible for the opponent to score by the lob through ball which is very popular on 1 on 1.

afro

Lipu

Back to top Go down

Post  MMT Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:31 am

I do think once or twice we were caught too deep though, since the midfielders are attacking a lot it left a lot of room for the opponent to work the ball in front of the area...a couple of chances were given away. But overall it was a good defensive performance last night. Two matches were really lucky goals and the last game was just tiredness...
MMT
MMT

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum