Statistics
We have 33 registered users
The newest registered user is edonapelhi

Our users have posted a total of 378 messages in 67 subjects

Freekick plans

Go down

Freekick plans

Post  MMT on Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:24 am

I noticed playing last night that we don't have a plan exactly about freekicks. I suppose it doesnt matter who takes them cause of the equal stats, but do we shoot from them, pass, cross, hit it out wide, get a second player in and pass to the side for a shot or through ball? I think if we have some sort of general plan(s) then we can create a couple more goal scoring situations.
What do you think?
MMT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Freekick plans

Post  adwan on Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:39 am

I would agree that we need some sort of plan. Scoring directly from free-kicks is very hard on this game, especially up against a good keeper.

Perhaps laying the ball off, or looking to pass the ball would be better? It would certainly take the other team by surprise.

Free kicks from out wide should either be crossed into the box, or they should be slid down the channels to one of the wide guys to put in a running cross?

I think we should also switch between kick takers. Chelsea have 4 to 6 good deadball players; Deco, Drogba, Lampard, Ballack, Joe Cole(not sure bout his stats), Malouda(again not sure bout his stats), so would make sense to mix it up a bit.

Can we change the kick taker in game at all, during the actual free-kick?

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MMT on Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:47 am

Well my point was that kick takers dont matter, since all the stats are exactly the same on fifa. Terry could do it the same as lampard...
I think it just matters whether they are right or left footed...
MMT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  adwan on Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:54 am

Really, you sure there's no difference in stats for free-kicks? I will have to check that.
Actually come to think about it I don't remember seeing it when I created my own player for the Be A Pro Season mode. Hmmmmmmm.

Anyway, in terms of switching player I mean us, like whoever's controlling Ballack or Lampard. We could each try out at Free-kicks, some of us might be better than others?

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MMT on Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:59 am

Yeah we could. I was assuming stats were equal as tehy are for everything else.
Be a pro seasons has stats like usual like FK accuracy, long shots, curve, shot power, that all effect it, so if all the stats have been equalled to 85 (as it says in the faq on ea forums.) then surely they are all the same.
For that matter, I've just realised that Robpritch asked me to swap mikel for essien, but they have the same stats, lol, strange. Apparently the only thing that changes the stats is when you play them out of position, cause if you look on the team management, it says some are 84...for example bosingwa is 84 since hes meant to be a rwb instead of rb, so it will say 84. But they're attributes are all equal.
EDIT - I just looked up the FAQ, it says that all players in a particular position are the exact same stats. So all STs have same finishing, but would be better then a midfielders.... So the essien mikel switch i think is irrelevent since they are both CMs...
So the decision at free kicks would be, which position has the best stats for free kicks? Striker? cms? or wingers?
Should check it next time online.
MMT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  adwan on Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:16 am

I never realised that all the stats were the same for the Be A Pro clubs. I did notice some of the stats were the same before but thought nothing of it. So it doesn't matter what club you pick they will always have the same stats? Suppose this levels things out and makes it more like it's down to the person controlling the player?

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MMT on Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:21 am

Yeah, I was captain last night, Di Santo is 85, Fabio Paim (recent loan signing in the reserves) is 85, sinclair is 85....Lampard is 85....
Its only about how and where you play, not who you play as. Hence Ronaldo is now a useless player to try and be cheap as. But if you listen to clubs they always go like "Put ronaldo up front"....so a lot of people don't know...
Drogba is no stronger then anelka or di santo....
Joe cole is no better at crossing then malouda.
Terry no better at tackling then ivanovic..
So, it only matters to make a sub if that player is tired/yellow carded.
Everyone should be made aware of this.
Here is an extract from EA forums Q&A on Clubs.

Q: Will the strength of the goalie be the same in all clubs?

A: Yes, all players are levelled to an 85 overall.

Q: What kind of strength will the CPU controlled players have? Will a Rooney be stronger than a Pantelic or will all CPU players have the same strength?

A: All players are levelled to an 85 overall. The individual attributes have all been set to relative strengths of the player’s preferred position. So all CBs will have the same set of stats and all RWs will have the same set of stats, but their attributes will be different based on the needs of their position. If a user moves a player out of their preferred position, their overall rating may drop.
MMT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  adwan on Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:34 am

Yeah everyone needs to be aware of this. Feel free to post a new topic about this as you seem to be pretty clued up on it! I think maybe in the information thread.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lipu on Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:32 am

Good idea

The only plan i can think of is that a player should make a run down the outside of the free kick taker where there's usually space and then cross it in, or cut it back.

Lipu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Godfather Obie on Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:36 am

I agree, But it all depends ont he Exact positioning.

Imho, Drogba and Ballack should always chase down the goal, (so if the kicker takes a shot, theres a chance of a rebound)

Essien / Mikel should sit outside the area, So a partial clearnace can be fired back in

And Lampard, Deco, Cole & maybe Terry ((( minus 1 midfielder for whoeveres taking it)))should make them selves available in or around the box for a pass.

This way, whatever the Kicker Decides There will be plenty of scope for a goal.,

View user profile http://chelseasquad.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

RE: Freekick plans

Post  Cuban_Kingz on Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:51 am

I think its a good idea if Ballack and Drogba stay in the penalty box for all crosses and freekicks - they both have a huge height advantage. It would really boost our attack play.
Cuban_Kingz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down